Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A trunk with a view

"Jocie?" I said in the rather loud tone used by parents trying to locate their children like a submarine using sonar to track underwater targets.

"Hiya Dada" is the reply that comes in a manner that suggests that she had something very exciting to show me.

As she rounds the corner that splits our living room from our front entry, I see she has opted to wear her brother's "Crocs" backwards using just the straps under her feet with the main part of the shoe hanging behind her ankles (oh, I should have had the camera).

"And who's shoes are you wearing little lady?"

"Oey!" she exclaims with some pride.

And for the next twenty minutes she promonades around the house exclaiming her glory to any that will be her audience.

JL mentioned that Jocie can understand 90% of what we are telling her, and she is trying so very hard to talk back towards us, but our inability to comprehend her leads to interpret this as just gibberish... but, she's trying and learning...

While in the pool yesterday, I happened to see her hanging onto a railing and just sitting there (I was sure she was very exhausted from two straight hours of water filled playtime). As I came around the other side of the railing I inquired what she was up to for the next two minutes, my ears were filling with the most excited retelling of her afternoon and emotions life in general. The event was even overheard by several neighbors whom were perched in deck chairs nearby as they watched their own children at play.

"Wow, she really told you?" one of them remarked at the whole event.

"Yes... I think she did..."

She has learned the social benefits of communication from not only her environment and parents, but from her most blazingly social siblings who are turning into masterful networkers in their own rights.

Just the other night, our creative son took on the personality of a car that he had been rolling down a neighbors slide. In a crooked facial expression intended to disguise not only his voice but also prevent the visible lip movement that puppeteers utilize, he said "Daddy? I wuv you."

We were amazed at this talking car and it's great love for its parents... the creative juices never stop flowing.

We have a son that is a "Power Ranger Jedi Firefighter" all at the same time.

Jessamyn has become a 10+ outfit a day type child that changes wardrobes more than a Broadway actress. Her outfits seem to have just as much glitter as the later as well, I must add.

jp

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Dear Jay...From Nassau with love...

After the non emails of your days in Orlando, after the non emails of my days here in Nassau, I have this to say, albeit quickly:

I MISS YOU!!!!!!

Mimi said...

From this side of the Atlantic, I say that our wee bairns have minds as acute as we adults...they just have to learn our language and culture before they can express themselves.

How cool is that???? And I try oh so hard not to talk babytalk!!!!