Friday, January 22, 2010

Jocie's Short Hair

We had another one of those catastrohpic events in the Pike household where someone got their haircut by someone else that was under 6 years of age. This time, Jocie was the victim at the hands of Jess. (I may have shared this previously, but this is the 2nd beautician attack by the scissor yielding Jess, the first being against a dear friend, Avery, with a full 4+ inches of spotty clumps being removed, leaving her head looking much like JL's ButterFly bush after and unfortunate weedwhip incident I had last Summer).
When asked about what happened, Jocie was very forthcoming with information saying "Jess told me to sit down so she could cut my hair." To which we asked "And what did you tell her?" "I told her 'NO! Jess don't cut my hair!' But she told me she had to cut my hair. So, I sat down and she cut all my hair off."

Jess had tried to cover up the evidence by mixing in a dozen or so pieces of crumpled up notepaper in her trash, yet the telltale signs of little wisps of hair dotted the floor in front of the girls' dressing tables.

To be honest, Jess did do a pretty good job at it, as it was fairly even all around the back.

The problem is that is has taken Jocie her ENTIRE life to grow what little hair she is blessed with. Her luscious blond curls made her absolutely beautiful giving her a faint similarity to Shirley Temple.

Those curls are something we will assuredly miss.

jp

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Oh, how sad. How very, very sad!!

Jocie's blonde Shirley Temple curls were so beautiful I could easily adore them all day long.

And yes, it took Jocie's entire lifetime to grow those curls!!!

The curls will return, and in the meantime we can watch the change to Jocie's aura.

Unknown said...

Poor Jocie, Love her curls re mines me of Jenny when she was little. It will grown back. maybe even quicker than you think. Hope she likes her new hair style.

Anonymous said...

Jocie has taken her new hairstyle in stride, she was actually excited to go see Shari and get it fixed since she never gets to go and get a hair cut. It will grow back just very sad how it all had to happen. The stuff on Jocie's eyes by the way is make up, it went along with the beauty make over that was happening at the same time.