Monday, December 15, 2008

Julie in Black and White (take II)

These were a little challenging, but well worth the effort for me.  I setup three black towels against the back of our bed, put my camera on a tripod and set a prefocused point on the bed and marked it with a penny, positioned a soft light box to the right of the camera, and took a remote shutter release with me as I held her in the air over the penny and snapped these shots.  I'm rather happy with how well they turned out as it would have been much easier if I were behind the view finder rather than in front of it.... lol.  (Nikon D300 w/17-55 lens @f/7.1-1/200th-iso200).



2 comments:

Mimi said...

The baby-to-the-elbow is my favorite of this set. A VERY graphic description of baby's size, it clearly states the petite-ness and fragility of a newborn.

How I love discretely modest nude photos!!!!

Very tasteful, Jay.

Unknown said...

Jay you truly are a great photographer. You capture the best shots and posses. I love what you share with us. I can never thank you enough for letting me be able to see them grow up while I am so far away from them. Love Nana:)