Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A Beautiful Jessamyn Cuddle Shot

I'm immensely terrified by how drastically adult she is becoming. Thoughts of "prom" and "college" seem now to be not as distant as I try to convince myself they are. Every day, more compassion and more human she seems to wax towards. This... this is my eldest daughter, the one I know I'm going to have the hardest time parting with, since she is my first. She'll break my heart a thousand times, and in the end, I can only hope that she and her two sisters will choose to live close to me when they start their own families in an effort to try and mend my brokenness...
Love you, yes I will.... always.
jp


4 comments:

Bubbie said...

Absolutely precious, and you have described the pride, angst, and love we go through as parents as we see our children experience life.
......hmmmmm, 2 sisters eh??? I don't think that was a typo .....
Love,
Diane

Mimi said...

Jessamyn growing up won't hurt any more than your growing up...though I can think of no greater honor than you and I jointly photographing the wedding this weekend.

Parent-child zeniths reach all-time highs whatever the age.

Though I still miss you living in my household!!!!!

nana said...

What a precious moment you have caught on film. these are the ones you will look at a million times and still get that same feeling as the day you took it. I remember one of Jenny at age 5 that still remains in my memory.
Love,
Nana

Joanne said...

wow - this is just beautiful of Jess... and your words even more so! you have a way with both, and your children are beautiful.... they are lucky to have such loving/wonderful parents!!! I truly love this phtograph.