Thursday, February 21, 2008

Not My Day

This morning, while emptying the litter box that sits in our garage and is over used by the massive number of feline quadrupeds that wander our house, I got a little ‘residue’ on my khaki work pants. In my normal morning pattern, I was of course late to drop off Jess at school, so I ran upstairs quickly and changed into another pair. Now, I thought I had grabbed everything off of and out of my pants during the switch, but I must have missed something. My wife, in a hurry herself, instructed me to bring the pants for an immediate washing, and I dropped them off to her as I ran out of the house. By the time I got to the truck, which was parked in the driveway, since Jessamyn can’t get into the side door when it’s in the garage, I realized that I was missing my cell phone.

Upon entering the house, I heard the washing machine running, and asked Jenny where my pants were. “In the wash” was her reply. I quickly opened the door to the laundry room and shuffled through the washing machine and located my now drenched pants only to find a soggy cell phone fully drenched in soapy detergent based water.

Not my day.

It’s dead, and its replacement just cost me $50. In reading the fine print of the warranty service, I’ll be receiving a used phone that may have some “signs of normal use and minor scratches or abrasions.” Oh joy.

Now I get to spend another six months reprogramming the list of people that I keep exclusively in my cell phone, since I refuse to carry a planner or any other sort of address storing system like most normal people do…. Every time I have to switch cell phones, I always tell myself that I’m going to resolve this problem and keep a rolodex…

Maybe someday I actually will…

jp

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Bad day, and I wish you grace! As forlorn yet fablous as this photo.