Monday, January 7, 2008

Hanna Bistro in Traverse City

In the middle of a blizzard in northern Michigan, my wife and I ventured out for an evening away from the kids, something well worth the effort given the dining choice we made. Located in an old fire station, Hanna was a welcome change to our usual child catered dining choices of mac-n-cheese, hot dogs, or something revolving around fried chicken.
The wood fired oven lead to some amazing menu choices, but we leaned towards something approaching a 'surf and turf' palate, or at least for my wife. I chose a fillet of steak that left me wanting to steal the kitchen staff and drag them home with me.
In an atmosphere that tailored to a very personal appeal with candle lit tables with a very natural feel.
We certainly look forward to future visits to this Traverse City staple.
jp

No comments: