Thursday, January 10, 2008

A three year olds observations on pregnancy


Today, I had the wonderful lunchtime experience of having a nice one-on-one with my eldest daughter.

Prior to heading out, I stopped by to pick her up as she got out of school at 11:30am. One of Jess's teachers walked us out and informed me on all of the events that had happened that day. Jess wrote her name, sang some songs, played dress-up, had a great game of 'duck duck goose', played Bingo, a was delightfully inviting to a new girl on her first day.

Observing that the teacher was noticibly pregnant, I inquired about how far along she was.

"Oh, I've got about three weeks left."

I always enjoy striking up conversations with people that broaden my understanding of their personalities and strengthen our relationship. She told me she's feeling alot of movement from her baby boy. I mentioned that it probably feels like her little one is "trying to kick your ribs out" as Joey had tried to do to Jenny in the late months of her first pregnancy.

Not wanting to be left out of the conversation, Jess included her bit of insight about the situation.
"Yeah, she's really full... she's not hungry."

We all had a very good laugh at that, and pointed out to Jessamyn that there was a baby (just like her little sister Jocie was about 11 months three weeks ago) inside her.

"Oh, she's not full."

You have to love a three year olds perspectives sometimes.

jp

No comments: