Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Initial jump into view


Well, this begins my first time at running a blog. Through various other incantations of personal information update systems on the Internet, I've finally given in and decided that maybe... just maybe.. the system of blogging has gotten enough support elsewhere for it to illicit change in my life. Through hosting my own server on the net, I've learned and tried various methods, though I still think my favorite is a .txt file that I could edit with vi... but, given that I like photography, the whole converting images to ascii just to put them in text thing is a little unrealistic.

For those that don't know me, I'm Jay Pike. I'm from a nice sized town in Michigan, I've got a wife and three kids, stable job in the computer industry, love radios, photography, travel, music, playing drums, and my children. I've been a volunteer firefighter for our city since 2002, a job that I love and get plenty of emotional satisfaction out of.

There, that should be enough to start here. More updates should be coming soon.

jp

No comments: