Thursday, April 3, 2008

April FoOlS!

By now, I’m sure the truth has been discovered about the April 1st posting about Jenny’s ultrasound revealing triplets. Several of you even believed it… but, hey, isn’t that the point of the day?

The first to fall for it was our good friend Brooke, who fell hook line and sinker (I couldn’t even make eye contact with her as Jenny told her the news… I’m terrible at telling lies).

A few friends that Jenny has through her March Mommies joined our now quickly growing congregation, though I think they had figured there was a possibility of a prank due to the day. A now mutual friend from this group, Joanne (her blog is linked to mine on the left side of this page) astutely observed the missing patient stanza block from the side of the ultrasound picture and correctly stated that this was a dead give away as I would not have trimmed that section in making a posting (wow, she’s hard to fool).

Jenny’s mother picked up the article the next morning, and after failing to contact Jenny (whom was busy with her regular morning errands when the phone call came), contacted Jamie (Jenny’s sister) who immediately deducted the date based correlation and refuted the claim with a firm “April Fool’s” title…. Good for you Jamie.

I caught my peer at work the next morning with it as well, but the real award in all of this has to go to my mother, whom I fear is still bitter over the whole incident. Indeed, she has rounded up the entire Whispering Trail gang into a posse following her duping in the hopes of concocting an equally impacting retaliatory strike back at me. I can almost her here saying, in a frail witch-like voice “I’ll get you… and your little dog Toto too!!!”

Heh. Well, life should be anything but boring in my mind, so, I look forward to whatever fate befalls me at the hands of the gang of the North… (not too much tar with the feathers, please… it’ll ruin my complexion….).

Our actual ultrasound is scheduled for next week, and well see just how much bad karma I’ve generated by this prank as we’ll actually discover if we have more than one little Pike swimming around in there (though, I doubt it… we have beautiful and health babies, but they like their solo acts of soaking up the lime-light one at a time).

jp

2 comments:

Joanne said...

LOL - I so saw right away the missing info on the right and knew you would never crop it off! Sneaky and funny you are.... and I just have this feeling, you guys are going to have twins. not sure why... karma perhaps?! just to get that odd # again! Can not wait to hear and see the real results! CONGRATS again!!!

Mimi said...

Precisely because as your mother I know full well how poorly you lie I naively believed your April Fool's joke. (My son never lies, I thought. "How can I help you, if I don't know the truth", I told you in your youth.) I still have an ulcer from this April Fool's joke, regardless of this horrible flu I have!

"Three flipping quilts?" moaned one of my quilting partners. "SIX for me," I retorted. "A crib quilt plus an embroidered birth announcement quilt per child." Yes, Whispering Trail is on the warpath with a payback. Just wait!!!!! But, first and foremost, we love all of you, and would have loved the three new infants just as much. But, we'll have lots of fun with retribution, to be sure.

And, we sincerely hope your karma does not earn you triplets when Jen has her ultrasound.

Remember, there are white witches as well...those with love as prime motive.